Monday, May 4, 2015

This is the Week

Here I am. This is the week that I get to check out my book again. I've purposefully kept away from the tome for exactly one month so that I can check it out with a pair of fresh eyes, and today is the day that I re-read it for the final time before I send it off to my agent and readers. 

For those of you who want to know what is going through the mind of a writer (or really any creative person who has made something from nothing), I found this interesting piece that pretty much encapsulates it:

1.- This is awesome.
2.- This is tricky.
3.- This is shit.
4.- I am shit.
5.- This might be ok.
6.- This is awesome.

For every sentence I will be reading over, for every paragraph and chapter, those six steps will be going through my mind one right after the other... hopefully. Hopefully I will land on number six at the end. We shall see. 

No comments: